Image Map

August 29, 2014

Learning to find a balance

This week I have been completely overwhelmed with work and nannying, trying to unpack from my trip last weekend, pack for school and staying on top of chores, not even mentioning how my social life is nonexistent this week.
I have been working 7:30a to 4:30p as a nanny then working my retail job 6-10 everyday this week. That pretty much leaves no time for anything else. My to-do list is off the chart and I've been trying to keep up with this blog during nap time while I nanny. The only time I have to work on chores is after I get home at 10:30 and all I want to do at that point is go to bed. I know it sounds like I am complaining, but I'm so grateful for my jobs and how busy I am this summer. That being said, finding a balance is so important in living a healthy life. 
Last weekend I went camping and to the coast, enjoying no cell service and no work and spending time with my best friend relaxing. This week any relaxed feeling I have has been gone. Waking up at 7 and not going to bed till midnight has left me sleep deprived and stressed. While the paycheck at the end of the week will be nice, next week I need a balance. 
the important aspects in my life right now include: 
Art and painting
Blogging
Working out/ yoga
Eating healthy 
And spending time outside 

These aspects lead to a better and happier me. 

Right now the aspects that are controlling my life are work and chores. Granted these two things are important but have been driving me nuts. 

In order to find a balance I am cutting back my nanny hours while working the same amount at my retail job. Doing this allows more time for me to focus on the aspects that are important to me. I'm hoping to go to the gym three days, do yoga the other two days, finish all the crafts and DIYs for my dorm room (post coming soon). Be more present in the blog and wake up for sunrise one morning and enjoy time by the river. Who knows how much I will get done on this list, but I am attempting to find some balance in my life and hope by working a little less, my todo list both chore wise and health wise will get done. 

X, Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment