Image Map

August 5, 2014

10 essentials for your freshman year at college: Dorm edition


#1 Hard cover for your laptop

I started out with a sleeve, and immediately changed to a hard case. The case is perfect for protecting your computer from scratches while still being easy to take in and out of your bag for quick note taking. 

#2 Keurig

Late night study seshes means you might need a caffeine boost, and Starbuck's probably isn't open. Being able to make your own coffee is a must, plus you'll save on drinks! Always a plus on a college student budget.

#3 Weekend duffel bag

When I left for school I packed everything in boxes and one huge duffel bag. When I left for my first weekend home I realized, I didn't have a bag appropriate for 3 days... so a weekender accompanied me back to school. This is also super helpful for spontaneous road trips or weekend getaways.

#4 Two laundry bags

For me having a linen bag as a catch all for laundry and a small pop up hamper for taking clothes to the laundry room worked perfect. Not all the laundry gets done every time so having two spots for laundry instead of having everything on your floor makes keeping the small dorm rooms clean a breeze.

#5 Large water bottle

It's super important to stay hydrated all day. So I always keep my Nalgene on hand filled with water... plus extra points if you're repping your school!

#6 Memory foam mattress pad

Dorm room mattresses are so uncomfortable. Even living in a sorority, they aren't much better. This saved my back and my sleep habits. They are heavenly and soooo worth the money!

#7 Mini fridge

Pretty self explanatory for study snacks or your caffeine fix!

#8 A cute planner

Staying organized is a must in college. Between school work, sorority events, a job and any other responsibilities, being able to see exactly when I have time for everything is perfect. Just find a system that works for you!

#9 Bathroom caddy + shower shoes

Dorm showers, sorority showers... make life easy and keep everything in one spot in a caddy, and keep those feet fungus free in some flip flops. Super essential!

#10 Thin velvet hangers:


I don't know about you, but my closet was a lot smaller than I was used to at home. These hangers not only let you put more in a closet, but keep dresses and sweaters from falling off the hanger. You can even find them at the dollar store, perfect for your new dorm closet.


I hope this list gave you some good ideas for college essentials, have an awesome year at college lovelies!
X, Zoe

linking up with: the carodiaries

1 comment:

  1. A weekend travel bag is a must-have for me! I didn't realize how much traveling I would be doing in college. A bag is so important for this and the one you pictured is so cute, too! Thank you for linking up with Destination College Blog Hop! :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete